Unfortunately we are now closed until further noticeFind out more
Why Our Pub is Great
With a beautiful traditional exterior and a great roster of regular events, The Sir John Cockle pub is a real community hub. Visit for Sky Sports, fun pub quiz nights, or weeknight food and drink specials. Enjoy great-value lunches and dinners. Treat the kids to an after-school tea from our children’s menu. Or kick off the weekend with a cheeky bottle of Prosecco and some sharers from our street food menu. Truly a pub for everyone, The Sir John Cockle is a much-loved part of Mansfield life.
Planning a party? We can help! Our pre-booked party options are the perfect way to make your event extra special. And with a massive range of drinks behind the bar, we’re sure to have something to satisfy every taste. Put a tiger in your tank with our cider cocktails, or relax with a well-kept pint of real ale. From party-starters to those who like to take it steady, there’s plenty to make you smile at The Sir John Cockle.
Looking for great food deals near Mansfield? You’ve found them! And don’t forget to do the roast thing on Sundays. Ours are served in oversized Yorkshire puddings stuffed with trimmings and gravy!
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
We want to ensure you have the best experience possible when you visit, and our menus continue to offer your favourite pub dishes at an unsurpassed quality.
We always think of those guests who have special dietary requirements when developing our menus so there is always a choice of vegetarian, vegan and NGCI dishes. In addition, we have full allergen information available on pub web pages, via our online app and printed copies in our pubs.
We’re continually innovating to bring you both new tastes and new dishes, whilst ensuring your pub favourites are always available and the best they can be.
I am sure you will agree, there really is something for everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you with a friendly smile, this is your local.View our Menus